Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Future South Cape

Oh, I am very pleased to read the crochet.lout is thinking about taking this on too! Comforting to know there will be someone else madly spinning away whilst dishes go unwashed and Christmas cookies never make it past the flour stage.

So far I have about 400 meters spun up and plied, and one large bobbin full of singles.


The skein pictured is a bit wonky, as I plied it a bit loosely on places but methinks I'll use it anyway! The bobbin pic shows the true colour of the yarn much better. I am getting closer to deciding which way to go on the dyeing front.

Look forward to keeping up with what everyone is doing. Have a great holiday season! Hope some good lolling around is had by all.

3 comments:

Taphophile said...

It's gonna be gorgeous! Can't wait to see how you dye it. :)

Barb said...

The textures will hide any unevenness in the yarn -- but I think your yarn is looking swell!

Denyse said...

Barb, I hope you are right! It's not too bad but I made the old spinners mistake of grabbing a skein of singles I spun ages ago and plied it with the current round. Needless to say, the aged skein was a bit loopy and wriggly. It may just have to turn into a hat for the baby...