Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Vested Interest

Jelly Belly vest by Jenny McElhinney from Issue 1, December 2005. I call this one Coconut Ice, because that's what the yarn looks like.

SIZE: One size 12-18 months

YARN: 2 x 50g balls Nastro Four Seasons cotton/acrylic blend. It's a weird yarn. 2 chains of different colours, in this case a pinky apricot and a cream that sit flat like a tape. Knits up pretty, though, and has an interesting texture.

ALTERATIONS: Knitted in the round to the underarms, then flat so there were only the shoulder seams to sew. Also, I used the same finishing on the armholes as the neckline instead of the pattern's double rib, mostly because I was concerned about running out of yarn. As it turns out, the concerns were well founded and I have a scant 4m left.

There's another one of these on the needles which might get fininished tomorrow if I actually sit down and knit it.

Happy New Year to you all. :)

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh that is the cutest - and yes I agree "coconut Ice" is very fitting for it! It looks great!

Christine said...

What a cutey.
Definitely "coconut ice" (I have some in the fridge right now!).
I've cast on for my next project & hope to have some pics done in the next day or so.

Kate said...

This looks really pretty but the description of the yarn-in-ball sounds v. unattractive; like cat-yak Jet!

Do you ever do shoulders as a 3-needle cast off? I guess it would be possible if they were't knit to slope up. Hmm...